PHILADELPHIA – The 2019 University of Pennsylvania football season came to a close with a 28-7 loss to Princeton at Franklin Field as the Tigers (8-2, 5-2 Ivy) scored 28 unanswered points to knock off the Quakers (5-5, 3-4 Ivy).
Senior Karekin Brooks ran for 95 yards, becoming the first Penn player since Joe Sandberg in 2006 to rush for 1,000 yards in a season (1,003). Brooks is the 12th Quaker overall to eclipse the 1,000-yard mark in a season.
* Penn finishes 5-5 overall. The Quakers have won at least five games in all five seasons under head coach Ray Priore.
* Brooks graduates No. 3 all-time in rushing yards by a Penn running back with 2,847. That total is No. 21 all-time by an Ivy League running back.
* Brooks ranks No. 5 all-time in carries by a Penn running back with 516.
* Brooks ranks No. 6 all-time in career rushing TDs by a Penn running back with 26
* Brooks ranks No. 8 all-time at Penn in all-purpose yards with 3,355
* Brooks averaged 5.51 yards-per-carry over his career. That averages ranks No. 2 all-time by a Quaker and No. 8 all-time in the Ivy League.
UPenn senior Karekin Brooks (photo by Mike Nance)
* Ryan Cragun had 58 catches for 885 yards in his first varsity season. He ranks No. 9 all-time in single-season receiving yards by a Quaker and is tied for No. 12 all-time in a season in receptions.
* Rory Starkey, Jr.'s 643 receiving yards this season rank No. 21 in a season by a Quaker. This marks the first season since 2000 where Penn had two receivers with 640+ yards.
* Nick Robinson's 2,331 passing yards this season rank No. 5 in a year by a Quaker.
* Nick Robinson's 3,241 career passing yards rank No. 12 all-time by a Quaker.
* Robinson's 16 passing TDs this season are tied for No. 8 in a year by a Quaker. His 25 career passing TDs are also No. 8 in Penn's record books.
* Robinson's 329 passing attempts this season rank No. 5 by a Quaker. His 442 career passing attempts rank No. 13.
* Robinson's 196 completions in 2019 rank No. 7 in a season by a Quaker. His 271 career completions are tied for No. 10.
* Robinson threw for 354 yards in the game, the 11th-most in a game in school history.
UPenn senior Nick Robinson (photo by Mike Nance)
Another season highlight was Penn’s First Ivy league win of 2019 against Brown ending in a dramatic finish.
Daniel Karrash kicked a 22-yard field goal—his first attempt as a collegian—with just two seconds left to give the Quakers a 38-36 win over Brown.
The game also went down in history marking Penn’s 1,400th collegiate football game — the first school at any NCAA level to play 1,4000 games